The creative journey of an artist inspired by animals and life by the sea

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Sharing Painted Memories




I have to come to the realization that most of my paintings will someday find that special someone that connects with them.  I just sold this acrylic painting I did when we first moved to North Carolina.  We rented a little old cottage along the Bogue Sound and had the most spectacular sunrises and sunsets.  I was inspired every day to paint them and I created this painting with one of my older dogs in the scene.  He had passed a few years earlier, but the scene reminded me of him and memories of his thoughtful gazes.  The painting will be heading to New Orleans on Monday to that "special" person who now shares my memory with their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment