The creative journey of an artist inspired by animals and life by the sea

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Barter for Dressage



                                                                             
It was a beautiful sunny day today! I had a dressage lesson this morning on "good old Ben", nothing like a 22 year old schoolmaster who really knows his job!  I met my trainer and now good friend Jennifer Collins here in NC and fell in love with her methods of training and teaching.  She is a certified Lynn Palm instructor and travels to Florida often.  I was able to work out a barter for dressage lessons exchange with her that has been great for both of us.  I am painting her numerous dogs and horses and she keeps me in lessons.  I recently completed a watercolor painting of her two older dogs, a dalmation and a boykin spaniel.  My next portrait subject for her will be "Nick", a 23 year old gelding who has started to go blind this past year.  We want to portray and honor him as the horse that taught many adults and children the joys of riding a horse.



No comments:

Post a Comment