The creative journey of an artist inspired by animals and life by the sea

Friday, July 8, 2011

Horses in your Blood

I recently completed a Pastel and Pencil commission for an old high school friend who found me through Facebook. The family I did the drawing for now have a son who owns a beautiful hunter. In high school, I was lucky to have a horse and walked to the barn every day after school. I never participated in high school sports for that reason, horses were my love and still are. My parents would pick me up from the barn, smelling of horses, manure and very happy. There were also those days I was sad and dejected from falling off in a lesson. A few other girls in high school also had horses, and Lori contacted me when she wanted to surprise another friend's family at his graduation. They all have continued the tradition of riding and showing horses. Once horses are in your blood, they are there forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment