The creative journey of an artist inspired by animals and life by the sea

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

New Home

Today was one of those lucky days for an artist when you have a sale you aren't expecting!  I recently joined Etsy, an online selling gallery for artists and craftsmen.  I sold this little watercolor painting of a Shih Tzu to a collector in Virginia, whom I have never met.  It's always a great feeling to sell a painting, especially when I work on commission most of the time.  This little guy was just so cute, I had to paint him!  I find it difficult sometimes to balance what I want to paint for myself with my client's portrait requests.  I joined Etsy at the suggestion of a gallery owner, and it looks like it is proving to be a great outlet and I feel energized to add more new work to the online gallery.  

No comments:

Post a Comment