The creative journey of an artist inspired by animals and life by the sea

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Henry


I just completed this watercolor portrait of Henry, a sweet and gentle Scottish Deerhound.  I met Angela at a barn where I used to ride in NC, and she has owned Deerhounds for years.  The deerhound was called "the most perfect creature" by Sir Walter Scott and I believe it is true.  I have always been partial to hounds as a Ridgeback owner, but when you meet a Deerhound you feel something special.  Henry loves to sleep on his favorite couch and I was able to capture that moment in my painting.  

Angela loved it, she said..."Fantastic, that is exactly the face I see in my mind when I think of Henry.  You really grasped the essential Henry."

Gail

www.gaildolphinart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment