The creative journey of an artist inspired by animals and life by the sea

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Dear Hank...A letter to a dog...



Dear Hank,

I have never written a letter to a dog, but I am filled with sadness and emotion as I hear you are very sick.  I met you when we moved here to NC and we had just toured Fort Macon, and there you were across the parking lot.  I dashed like a crazy nut across the lot to the woman and her husband and said..."I have a Rhodesian Ridgeback too!  He is gorgeous!!".  Your "Mom" is now one of my dearest and closest friends and I would have never met her if it wasn't for you.  With tears in my eyes as I write this, I remember the wonderful beach walk we all took at Cherry Point and how you love running the trails in the Croatan Forest with your buddies "Socks" and "Ty.  I am crying because without meeting you...and my friend Karen, I would never have experienced and cherished those glorious days.  I would never have met the funniest, beautiful, and most supportive friend I am so lucky to have in my life.  You have moved to Florida, and Karen told me yesterday you are very sick.  She is shattered inside because you are her heart and soul.  You are her constant companion and support, as Socks is to me.  I know you can't tell her how sick you feel.  I wish I was there to help comfort you and your family and know that you are loved beyond belief..

Love,  Gail, Socks and Ty
Florida
Hank, Socks and Alladin at Cherry Point Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment